I am so thrilled that my baby brother is going to be a daddy in the next few weeks. And when he and his partner asked if I could help with the baby shower... well, I was very excited!.
My sister in law chose the very popular baby elephant printables designed by Style me gorgeous, for the invitations, buffet lables party spots and thank you spots.
I love love the baby elephant printables. This design was my inspiration behind the marble mud cake and colour palette for the sweets table.
To say that Studio Cake was soley responsible for the dessert table would be a lie... this was a family affair.. lol
From the design of the cake, to the elements on the table, Hailey was totally involved and very enthusiastic.. We had such a great time constructing the backdrop for the table. A very simple but effective ribbon background.
We wanted to keep the sweets simple and compliment the design of the printables, hence we chose ombre macarons (strawberry, raspberry and lemon), Tim Tam cake pops and a selection of yummy candy!
A very special thank you to my other wonderful sister in law Corrine for making the delicious yo yo's (my all time favourite sweet treat - scroll down for the recipe) and the vanilla cupcakes with buttercream swirl and lemon curd.
Vendor credits are below.
Thanks for looking xx
Yo Yo's (recipe below)
Yo Yo's (otherwise known as Melting Moments)
250g unsalted butter - softened
100g pure icing sugar
300g plain (all purpose) flour
60g custard power
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
160g pure icing sugar
80g unsalted butter - softened
1 tablespoon custard powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven 160 degrees and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Combine butter, icing sugar, sifted flour, custard powder and vanilla extract and mix on low speed until a dough forms.
3. Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and place them on a the lined baking trays. Flattern slightly with fork
4. Bake for 15min or until firm to the touch, cool on wire rack
5. Prepare filling - combine all the ingredients and beat on low speed until combined and then beat on high speed for three minutes
6. Sandwitch the cooled biscuits together with the filling
Note that these can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
Recipe makes 15 yo yo's
Sweets and Styling - Studio Cake
Baby elephant printables - Style Me Gorgeous
Candy and pink milk glass stand - Sweet Style
Gorgeous Candy Jars - Little Dance Invitations
Pink suit cases - Lily Chic Events
Photography - Love that photography
Drink dispensers and candy jars available for hire here from Boutique Party Hire