Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Crash the Party. Angry birds style

Those that know me, know I am not a huge fan of licensed themed parties. I cringe when my kids ask for Dora, super Mario and Thomas the tank themed parties, but as a parent I sometimes need to step back and remember that at times its okay to allow for our children's obsessions to take over!. As is of course the case with my 6 year old who breathes and dreams of.... his Angry birds....

Now up until researching this silly little game, all I knew was how annoying the sound effects coming from my mobile phone and ipad were, but in fairness to these little angry critters, once I began to research them, I found that they each had a little personality and realised that there was actually a story behind this very addictive game.  And so began a little love/hate relationship with them as I created the figurines that adorned the 8 inch square mud cake in the shape of a TNT box.

As my son's request to have an Angry birds party evolved and as with all of my children's birthdays, the joy I received from Ethan's envolvment in his own party design was fabulous.

Nicole from Pretty and Print created the perfect printable for the party to include the fantastic invite, and backdrop incorporating my sons favourite colours. 

My gorgeous friend Catherine of Sweet Empire created the most amazing cake pops and cupcakes for the children's table and decedent cupcakes (flour less chocolate, frangelico) and delicious caramelised onion and goats cheese tartlettes for the adults table.
A huge thank you goes out to her for all her help in creating, baking and helping me with the party. 

A highlight for the kids were the amazing angry birds iced cookies created by the talented Donna of Sweet Table. The details on the cookies are just fantastic and way to gorgeous to eat. I over heard my daughter saying she was going to save it for show and tell at school.

I wanted the simple dessert table to tell the story of the game and created an extended 8 inch chocolate mud cake (Ethan's favourite) in the form of the TNT box featured throughout the game. I have to admit that I do like the bad piggies and made these the focal point of the cake, and placed the red angry bird on the bottom of the cake board, with the infamous sling shot ready to "kill" the pigs that are mocking from above and have stolen the golden egg. 

My father and his wife made the amazing over sized red angry bird pinata. It was so funny watching the kids try their hand at "smashing" the bird.

Photography : Sofi P Photography

Please scroll down for more vendor credits















Vendor Credits

Concept, styling and cake made by Studio Cake

Cupcakes and cakepops : Sweet Empire

Cookies : Sweet Table

Photography : Sofi P Photography

Printables : Pretty and Print

Table and chair hire : Party Squad

Giant balloons and table decor: Little Dance Invitation

Balloon Tassels: Dandy and Darling

Table runners : Vintage Sew and So

Photo Booth Props : Charlie and Mae


No comments:

Post a Comment